Friday, June 01, 2007

The Loch Ness monster is back!

pretty amazing footage in this video:


more here:



Hat tip:The WTF blog


Updated: 9:06 p.m. PT May 31, 2007

EDINBURGH, Scotland - The Loch Ness monster is back — and there’s video.

A man has captured what Nessie watchers say is possible footage of the supposed mythical creature beneath Scotland’s most mysterious lake.

“I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw this jet black thing, about 45 feet [13 meters] long, moving fairly fast in the water,” said Gordon Holmes, a 55-year-old lab technician from Shipley, Yorkshire, who took the video Saturday.

Nessie watcher and marine biologist Adrian Shine viewed the video and hoped to properly analyze it in the coming months.

“I see myself as a skeptical interpreter of what happens in the loch, but I do keep an open mind about these things and there is no doubt this is some of the best footage I have seen,” said Shine, of the Loch Ness 2000 center in Drumnadrochit, on the shores of the lake.

Holmes said whatever it was moved at about 6 mph (10 kilometers per hour) and kept a fairly straight course.

“My initial thought is it could be a very big eel, they have serpentlike features and they may explain all the sightings in Loch Ness over the years.”